Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Ipod World" and "Why We Crave Horror Movies" (Blog #4)

I couldn't agree more with these two articles. I own a ipod myself and even after getting it I deep down couldn't determine what was so great about. Not only that, the author of the article talked about how isolated people are from the real world because of ipods or even just music devices all together. Everyday I see people walk down the streets with their faces focused on little screens, sometimes not even looking up for a second. Every so often I have even heard of teenagers being hit by cars because they aren't paying attention and using electronics. Its pretty sad that we have become so dependent on them. And as for our fascination with horror movies I also agree with the second article. As much as society outcasts murders and calls them monsters, we sit and watch movies about things they do and act as its normal and even enjoy it. Who's the real monsters? I'd say society is no different in that aspect. Not saying I'm perfect. I own an ipod and watch horror movies, even enjoy some of them,  but reading the articles opened my eyes more on how society acts subconsciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment