Wednesday, January 16, 2013
"Shitty First Drafts" (Blog #2)
In the reading "Shitty First Drafts" from the book Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott she talked about how her and many other writers struggled with getting the process started to get their thoughts on paper. Anne explained how she must write even the silliest of thoughts that popped into her head and then would find the magic in every review later on, even on the 5th page. I overall could relate to the author. I often have the hardest times starting out on a essay or even a few sentences in till after a few "shitty first drafts". Although I'm no way under near the amount of pressure book authors are with tons of critics correcting their work, I sometimes feel that way when writing for school classes because I know in the end someone will be correcting it and looking for its flaws. I also enjoyed this read, it gave me inspiration on how i could change my own writing style to help get my own ideas to be read how I actually feel. Its pretty important that anyone that reads what you have to say can feel the emotion in it or else its just like reading a textbook in my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment